Resources - Scientific Posters
Investigation of Cell Migration in a Label-free Cell Exclusion Assay by Automated Microplate ImagingDownload
Related Products: BioSpa 8, BioSpa System , Cytation 1, Cytation 5, MultiFlo FX
February 06, 2019
Authors: Joe Clayton, Pete Brescia and Peter Banks, BioTek Instruments, Inc., Winooski, VT, USA
- Cell migration is the movement of cells from one location to another, driven by complex environmental signaling events and induced structural changes to the cytoskeleton.
- Multicellular organisms rely on cell migration for a vast array of biological processes, including embryonic development, immune responses, wound healing, and cancer metastasis.
- The need to better understand the mechanisms that regulate cell migration has led to the development of improved methods of investigation, including specialized cell culturing platforms and live-cell imaging techniques.
- Here we demonstrate an automated kinetic imaging-based approach to investigating cell migration using the Oris™ Cell Migration Assay Kits.
- This convenient label-free method enables accurate and robust analysis of cell migration within a 96- or 384-well platform for high-throughput applications.