Random Access Dispense
The Agilent BioTek MultiFlo FX multimode dispenser incorporates up to two peristaltic pump dispensers and two syringe pump dispensers. These pumps provide rapid dispensing of up to four reagents at a time. The dispense volume range of 500 nL to 30,000 µL/well offers great versatility for a wide range of dispensing workflows. The innovative RAD (random access dispensing) option brings increased functionality to the dispenser. The single channel design allows rapid, custom-mapped dispensing to discrete wells on the microplate (Figures 1a and 1b) and rapid high volume dispensing to lower density microplates (Figure 2).
Figure 1a,1b, 2. Existing MultiFlo FX dispensers are modular and can be upgraded to add the RAD module, which uses one of the peristaltic pumps for accuracy and speed.
Figure 3. Drawing shows a MultiFlo FX fully configured with RAD dispenser (inset shows 8- to 1- bulk reagent tip).
RAD Technology Benefits:
- Rapid dispense to random or contiguous wells of a plate, ideal for optimizing experimental design.
- Import custom plate maps in *.CSV format for use with RAD to facilitate many applications, including nucleic acid and protein concentration normalization
- Cost effectiveness: The single channel dispenser can work with volumes as low as 500 nL and uses very low prime volumes, to save on reagent costs.
- Bulk reagent dispensing of up to 30,000 µL/well to large well geometries for convenience and versatility.
- Automation and Image-Based Analysis of a Hanging Drop Micro-Hole Plate Model to Create and Differentiate 3D Mesenchymal Stem Cell Spheroids for Downstream Tissue Formation
This Technology is Available with:
- Agilent BioTek MultiFlo FX Multi-Mode Dispenser