The Agilent BioTek dual-action manifold design allows independent control and positioning of both the aspirate and dispense sections of the manifold, providing three major benefits:
- Rapid washing of either 96- or 384-well plates on one platform
- Ideal positioning for gentle washing of sensitive cell-based assays and
- Overfill/overflow washing with continuous fill and aspiration at the tops of the wells, vigorous washing for ELISA assays.
Figure 1. The Agilent BioTek dual-action manifold allows independent control of dispense and aspirate tubes for optimal x-, y-, and z-positions. Dispense tubes are angled to 20° for gentle dispensing into well containing delicate cell layers.
The Agilent BioTek 405 Microplate Washer and Agilent BioTek EL406 Washer Dispenser incorporate the dual-action manifold in standard or optional configurations. As cell-based assays become more prevalent, the benefits of the dual-action manifolds with their angled tubes are more important. The angled dispense tubes can be positioned to provide a gentle flow down the sides of a 96- or 384-well plate so as not to disrupt the cell layer.
Figure 2. The photo shows a) cell layer before dispense and b) after dispense with angled tubes c) a cell layer before, and d) cell layer after dispense with straight tubes.
Dual-Action Manifold Benefits:
- Wash 96- and 384-well microplates on one instrument without changing the manifold
- Optimal positioning of aspirate tubes for more or less residual after dispense
- Optimal positioning of dispense tubes for cell-based assays or for standard washing
- Angled dispense tubes won’t disrupt cell layers
- Allows vigorous overfill/overflow washing
This Technology is Available in:
- Agilent BioTek 405 TS Microplate Washer
- Agilent BioTek 405 LS Microplate Washer
- Agilent BioTek EL406 Microplate Washer Dispenser
- Agilent BioTek ELx405 Select Deep Well Microplate Washer