Epoch 2 Microplate Spectrophotometer
The BioTek Epoch 2 microplate spectrophotometer delivers excellent performance for UV-Vis absorbance measurements. Measurements can be performed in 6- to 384-well microplates, cuvettes, and in microvolume samples with the available Take3 microvolume plate. The broad wavelength range enables applications from nucleic acid and protein quantification in the low UV to microbial growth assays higher wavelengths. Epoch 2 is easy to use and the optional touch screen interface makes it simple to choose predefined protocols or to define custom programs. Endpoint, kinetic, spectral scanning and well area scanning modes, plus incubation and shaking enable wide-ranging applications.
- Filter-free UV-Vis wavelength selection from 200 – 999 nm
- End point, kinetic and spectral scanning modes
- Compatible with 6- to 384-well plates and cuvettes for assay versatility
- 4-Zone incubation to 65 °C and Condensation Control
- Micro-volume (2 µL) measurements with the Take3 Plate
- Available touchscreen interface and onboard software
Sourcing your microplates shouldn't be an added task in preparing your cell-based workflows. Agilent now offers cell culture and imaging microplates so you can complete your workflows seamlessly. Click here to request your free sample.
- Cellular and microbial growth
- Micro-volume analysis of nucleic acid and protein
- Kinetic assays
Glucose production from cellulosic feedstock
Nucleic acid quantification in cuvette with Epoch 2
Micro-volume (2 µL) quantification of up to 48 samples with Take3 Plate
These are just a few examples of the many important applications for Epoch 2. Visit our Applications page to see more.
BioTek Field Applications Scientists (FAS) and Product Specialists provide unparalleled scientific support, assisting with experimental planning and assay optimization on BioTek’s instrumentation and software. Learn how they can help move your science forward… faster!
Automate Your Workflows
End point, kinetic and spectral scanning