G-protein couple receptors are an important highly druggable gene family. Upon receptor activation, a wide range of second messengers are activated to illicit many different cellular responses. These second messengers include the mobilization of Ca2+, increase or reduction of intracellular cAMP, production of diacylglycerol and phospatidylinositols. These second messengers can be monitored kinetically using fluorescent reagents and biosensors.
- Live Cell Imaging of GPCR Dependent Second-Messenger Systems
- Characterizing Calcium Mobilization using Kinetic Live Cell Imaging
BioTek’s Visual Abstracts are brief animated presentations describing the Augmented Microscopy workflow of a specific application.
- Lionheart FX Automated Microscope
- Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- Cytation 1 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
Learn more about GPCR Second Messengers applications - search our Application Notes and technical documentation in Resources.