Cell Migration / Invasion
Cell migration and invasion are live cell kinetic assays useful in oncology research. The principle difference between migration and invasion is that migration refers to normal cell movement; whereas invasion describes cells actively invading surrounding tissue. It can do this under the influence of a chemoattractant gradient and secretion of proteases. There are numerous methods for performing these assays including scratch assays performed on a monolayer of cells adhered to plasticware (microplates or culture inserts) or using 3D cell culture models. BioTek’s Scratch Assay Starter Kit automates the creation of reproducible scratch wounds in 96- and 24-well plates; its Scratch Assay App has a simplified interface for kinetic image capture and analysis that can be used to quantify migration such as wound width, % confluence and healing rate (max V). Gen5 software enables quantification of invadopodia area for tumor invasion assays incorporating spheroid co-cultures embedded in matrigel.
- Incorporation of a Novel, Automated Scratch Tool and Kinetic Label-Free Imaging to Perform Wound Healing Assays
- Automated Monitoring of Protein Expression and Metastatic Cell Migration using 3D Bioprinted Colorectal Cancer Cells
- Automated, Kinetic Imaging of Cell Migration and Invasion Assays using Corning FluoroBlok™ Permeable Supports
- Imaging and Analysis of a High Density Cell Migration Assay
- Performance of a Label-Free Image-Based 2D Scratch Wound Healing Assay to monitor Cell Migration and its Inhibition
BioTek’s Visual Abstracts are brief animated presentations describing the Augmented Microscopy workflow of a specific application.
- Phenotypic and MoA Analysis of Anti-Metastatic Molecules using 3D Tumoroid Invasion Assays, Kinetic Ligand Binding, and Cellular Microscopy
- Combining Automated Liquid Handling, Cellular Microscopy and Magnetic Bioprinting to Create Walk Away 3D Oncology, Stem Cell Differentiation, and Toxicity Procedures - On Demand
- Lionheart FX Automated Microscope
- BioSpa Live Cell Analysis System
- Cytation 5 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
- Cytation 1 Cell Imaging Multi-Mode Reader
Learn more about Cell Migration / Invasion applications - search our Application Notes and technical documentation in Resources.