BioTek Highlights Cell-based Assay Automation at SBS
March 29, 2010
BioTek Instruments, Inc., a market leader in Read, Wash, Dispense and Automation technology for microplate assays will highlight their latest cell-based assay solutions at the 16th annual Society for Biomolecular Sciences Conference & Exhibition in Phoenix, Arizona, April 11-15. Emphasis will be placed on the EL406™ Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser as a unique device for the automation of cell-based assays at:
- BioTek’s Booth #338
- Product tutorial in collaboration with Global Cell Solutions: “GEM – a 3-D matrix for HTS Cell-based Assays”, Wednesday, April 14, 2010, 8:00 am - 8:45 am, Room 128AB.
- Poster presentations:
- Automated Triplexed Hepatocyte-Based CYP1A, CYP3A and Viability Assays in 96 and 384-well Microplates
- Automation of a Microplate Cell-based Assay to Measure Activity of the Histamine H1 G-protein-coupled receptor using GEM, a 3-D Cell Culture Matrix
- Homogeneous Cell-based Signal Transduction Assays
- Cytotoxicity Profiling of the Anticancer Agent Thiostrepton
The EL406 Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser has the ability to perform multiple operations necessary for a wide range of cell-based assays, all from a single small footprint into 96-, 384- and 1536-well densities:
- Cell dispensing
- Media aspiration
- Media exchange
- Cell washing
- Up to three separate reagent additions
- Variable residual volumes
Also on display at BioTek’s booth #338 will be our product lines emphasizing our strengths in microplate technology for READ, WASH, DISPENSE and AUTOMATE.
The patent-pending Synergy™ H4 Hybrid Microplate Reader is the only reader on the market today that combines filter- and monochromator-based optics for increased sensitivity and flexibility in one high-performance instrument. This modular and upgradeable system provides unlimited assay versatility for current and future microplate-based assays. Synergy H4 includes absorbance, fluorescence and luminescence detection technologies for a full range of assay compatibility. BioTek’s new Epoch™ Multi-Volume Spectrophotometer System, consisting of the Epoch Microplate Spectrophotomer and the Take3™ Multi-Volume Plate, offers superior functionality for life science laboratories with multiple users and assay types. The Epoch System uses monochromator-based optics for continuous wavelength selection from 200-999 nm in 6- to 384-well microplates, sixteen 2 μL microspots, 1 cm cuvettes, or BioTek’s proprietary BioCell™ 1 cm quartz vessel. Pre-programmed and user-generated programs for Synergy H4 and Epoch are controlled via Gen5™ Data Analysis Software.
The EL406 Combination Microplate Washer Dispenser offers fast, and precise plate washing and dispensing in 1536-, 384- and 96-well microplate formats. By combining microplate washing with three reagent dispensers in one, compact instrument, researchers can save time, money and valuable bench space. EL406 is controlled via the instrument keypad or Liquid Handling Control™ PC software.
The Precision™ XS offers single- and multi-channel pipetting along with single- and multi-channel bulk reagent dispensing in one compact platform for functional and flexible experiment design in higher throughputs. Precision XS is small enough to fit into a biological safety cabinet. Precision Power software offers complete Precision control with powerful and flexible protocol creation.
BioTek’s Read, Wash and Dispense products may be easily configured with BioStack™ automation modules for increased speed, flexibility and unattended operation.
BioTek will present additional technical poster presentations at SBS including:
- Quencher dyes can alter the pharmacokinetic response profiles of living cells in fluorescence-based calcium mobilization assays
- Novel Fluorescence-Based Microplate Assay for Screening Inhibitors of Thioredoxin and Protein Disulfide Isomerase Primary
- Development of a Live-Cell Based Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) Assay for use in High-Content Screening of Drug Candidates Using the BioTek Synergy Mx Microplate Reader
Details on BioTek’s products and technologies are available at Booth #338, as well as www.biotek.com.
BioTek Instruments, Inc., headquartered in Winooski, VT, USA, is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacture, and sale of microplate instrumentation and software. BioTek instrumentation is used to aid in the advancement of life science research, facilitate the drug discovery process and to enable cost-effective quantification of disease relevant molecules in the clinic.
For further information, contact:
Chere Griffin, Account Executive
Shaw & Todd Advertising and Marketing Communications