Field Application Scientist (FAS) - UK
1. Basic Function
- The primary function of the FAS is to provide on-site application & technical assistance to our customers and field sales team, including assisting with the installation of BioTek products, and conducting training to end-users on the proper use of the instrumentation and software, both pre and post-sale.
- The FAS will also be called on to troubleshoot diverse/complex application & technical issues to support customers during the use of the equipment, and may also be asked to provide assistance to our field service team.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop expert level skills on BioTek’s instrumentation and software products, plus associated reader applications; staying current on new assays and products.
- Provide customer demonstrations on difficult applications, or where lengthy on-site data collection is required.
- Work with designated sales reps to provide follow-on product and application training. This training to occur in the field.
- Installation of BioTek products including proper set-up within the lab/work environment and ensuring instrumentation and/or software is operating properly to the product specifications.
- Training customers on the complex functionality of instruments and software.
- Performing on-site qualifications of BioTek products.
- Phone, email and/or web/video conferencing support for customers and sales reps for product and applications support.
- Work with interested customers in generating data for Application Notes on new or emerging applications.
- Interact with field-based application specialists from reagent and kit companies.
- Assist sales team at vendor trade shows
- Prepare frequent reports, using our CRM system regarding field reports, customer information updates etc.
3. Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Candidates should possess one of the three attributes:
- PhD in life sciences plus lab experience
- Masters degree in life sciences plus 3 years’ experience in HTS/HCS type lab or imaging core facility
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience within an HTS/HCS type lab, imaging core facility, or laboratory support situation
- Moderate to excellent knowledge of fluorescent imaging, widefield and/or confocal microscopy.
- Moderate to excellent knowledge of Absorbance, Luminescence and Fluorescence microplate based assays, and experience with FP, TRF, TR-FRET, FRET and AlphaScreen preferred.
- Laboratory experience in designing, setting up and optimizing assays.
- Conceptual and troubleshooting skills to diagnose and optimize application and instrumentation settings.
- Strong computer skills, data reduction, image analysis, and LIMS experience preferred
- Excellent verbal communications
- Travel within the UK will be required up to 60% of the time
- Some international travel require for internal training meetings
- Ability to lift 20-25KG to manoeuvre equipment
- Possess a valid driving licence
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the BioTek team, please submit your resume to:
BioTek Instruments, Inc.
Attention: Human Resources P.O. Box 998, Highland Park
Winooski, VT 05404 USA
BioTek is an Equal Opportunity Employer. BioTek does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
► Job Openings