Synergy MxF Monochromator-Based Fluorescence Microplate Reader
Quad Monochromator for best signal-to-background in fluorescence
Ultra Fine-Tuned™ technology is what sets the Synergy MxF Fluorescence Reader apart. Its quadruple monochromator system selects wavelengths with a repeatability of plus or minus 0.2 nm. Its top optical head can focus up and down on the samples with a 100 μm resolution. Four slits on the excitation and emission side provide a choice of 16 bandpass combinations for every wavelength pair. Its advanced 4-Zone™ temperature control system incubates up to 65°C with a precision of ± 0.5°C at 37°C. These unique features and BioTek's exclusive focus on microplate instrumentation and software make the Synergy MxF the most precise, sensitive and flexible fluorescence microplate reader available today for life-science research applications.
- Fully monochromator-based with quadruple grating architecture for Ultra Fine-Tuned performance.
- Compatible with Take3 Micro-Volume Plate: sixteen 2 µL microspots for low volume DNA/RNA 260 nm measurements. Saves precious samples, very fast and simple process.
- Variable bandpass selection allows to precisely tune the system to a variety of fluorescent dyes.
- Automated Z-height adjustment accommodates variable microplate heights and liquid levels with 100 μm resolution.
- Upgradeable architecture allows the purchase additional read modes when requirements change.
- Optional dual-reagent dispenser can be used for assays requiring precise timing such as ion channel assays.
Synergy MxF with top-only fluorescence intensity
Synergy MxF with top and bottom fluorescence intensity
Synergy MxF with top and bottom fluorescence intensity and Dual Reagent Dispenser
Synergy MxF with top-only fluorescence intensity and Dual Reagent Dispenser
|Detection mode||Fluorescence top and bottom. Upgradeable to UV-Visible Absorbance and Luminescence|
|Read method||End-point, kinetic, spectral scanning, well-area scanning|
|Microplate types||1- to 384-well plates and PCR plates|
|Temperature control||4°C above ambient to 65°C ± 0.5°C at 37°C|
Control through USB or serial port
|Sensitivity||Fluorescein 2.5 pM typical (0.25 fmol/well 384-well plate) - top
Fluorescein 5 pM typical (0.5 fmol/well 384-well plate) - bottom
|Light source||High Energy Xenon Flash|
|Wavelength selection||Double grating monochromators / Top and Bottom|
|Wavelength range||Monos: 250 – 850 nm
Filters: 200 – 700 nm (850 option)
|Bandpass||Variable: 9, 13.5, 17, 20 nm|
|Detection system||Dedicated red shifted PMT|
|Reading speed||96 wells: 11 seconds
384 wells: 22 seconds
|Number||2 syringe pumps|
|Dispense volume||5 - 1000 µL in 1 µL increment|
|Dead volume||1.1 mL, 100 µL with back flush|
|Power||250 Watts max.|
|Dimensions||17"W x 20.9"D x 15"H (43.5 x 53.1 x 38.1 cm)|
|Weight||< 70 lbs (31.5 kg)|
|Regulatory||CE and TUV marked. In Vitro Diagnostic use models are available.|
Specifications are subject to change.
|75034||Serial Cable, Modem (9-pin female to 9-pin male)|
|75108||USB Cable (male A to male B)|
|MANUAL||Operator's manuals can be obtained via the Customer Resource Center|
Test Plates & Reagents
|7092092||Fluorescence Test Plate|
|GENRC||Gen5 Reader Control (RC)|
Test Plates & Reagents
|98155||Sodium Fluorescein Powder (1 mg vial)|
Request a Quote ▶